The Rhode Island Government Finance Officers Association is a professional nonprofit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Rhode Island. The purpose of the organization shall be to improve methods of state and municipal finance including:
- To provide an educational forum for appropriate procedures of accounting, budgeting, planning and financial reporting by municipal, state and federal governmental units:
- To encourage the use of common terminology, classifications and principles relating to these subjects:
- To develop general principles of economy and efficiency in federal, state and municipal government administration:
- To bring about the enlistment and training of qualified public officials and employees, and:
- To cooperate with the Government Finance Officer's Association of the United States and Canada, and similar organizations, in order to promote and encourage a closer relationship among those engaged in finance in the municipal, state and federal service.